[rev_slider 8]

Immigrant Visas

What is a Visa?

A visa is a piece of documentation that you obtain after a U.S. official has determined that you are eligible to enter the United States for a specific purpose and for a specific period of time. It has a certain expiration date and can be authorized for any number of entries into the United States. A visa allows you to travel to a U.S. port of entry, so that you may ask an immigration officer to allow you to enter the United States.

There Are Two Categories of U.S. Visas: Non-Immigrant Visas and Immigrant Visas.

Non-immigrant visas are generally applicable to those who, although having a permanent residence outside of the United States, wish to temporarily be in the United States for purposes such a business, investment, study, or travel. Typically, these visas require a corporate sponsor. If you are on a non-immigrant visa, after a certain period of stay in the United States, it is possible for you to apply for an immigrant visa.

Immigrant visas, commonly known as the Green Card, offer individuals many benefits, including the ability to live and work permanently in the United States. There are various classifications for employment-based and family-based immigration.

Particularly Common Non-Immigrant Visa Categories

Employees: H-1B, H-3

Students: J-1, F-1 / M-1

Artists: P-2, P-3

Clients of “extraordinary ability”: O-1, EB-1

SWLG frequently serves clients of “extraordinary” ability in the performing arts, fine arts, motion pictures, television production, athletics, sciences, and business.  We always strive to prepare the most thorough and comprehensive petitions for these extraordinary clients seeking O-1 non-immigrant status and/or EB-1 immigrant visas. 

Immigrant Visa Categories

Employment Based Immigrant Visa

Family Based Immigrant Visa

Diversity Immigrant Visa Program

Permanent Residents

In addition to non-immigrant work and training visas, our specialties include labor certification processing, permanent residence applications based on employment and family, as well as consular processing.

For instance, in addition to the above, our firm is happy to assist lawful permanent residents and conditional permanent residents obtain re-entry permits from the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services, so that they may re-enter the U.S. after an extended period of stay abroad.